You must have a minimum Certificate III in Children’s service.
- Have or apply for a current Positive Suitability Card for the applicant, the applicant’s partner, and any other person who resides in the applicant’s home or regularly visits who is 18 years or over, if applicable. A certified copy of each card is required to be kept on file. An Application Form is available from www.bluecard.qld.gov.au. Click on ‘blue card system’ on the toolbar then click on ‘forms’ on the left-hand side menu with Family daycare, then click – How do I apply?
Print form/s that relate to your circumstance or see the coordinator.
- CARE IS UNABLE TO COMMENCE UNTIL ALL BLUE CARDS ARE HANDED IN TO THE OFFICE.
- Have or complete a current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma. This must be compliant with new regulation codes.
- Have or apply for a National Police Check through Australian Federal Police for the applicant, the applicant’s partner, and any other person who resides in the applicant’s home or regularly visits who is 18 years or over, if applicable. A certified copy of each letter is required to be kept on file. The Police Check Application form is available here.
- A Coordinator will visit to assess the suitability of your environment, inside and outside.
- If previously with another service, Hatchling House will inquire with that service whether the applicant has been subject to any recent sanctions, including termination from a service, to assist us to determine whether the applicant would be considered a ‘suitable person’. From DOE factsheets.
- If living in a rental property, ask the owner/real estate agent for written permission to commence your Family Day Care business within the home.
- Completed Application Forms with the names of 2 referees to be contacted by the service.
- Interviews by the service will be completed, including a meeting with the applicant’s partner. If unavailable, please complete the form.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome of the interviews.
When ALL of the above requirements are completed and certified copies of required documentation are on file, children can be placed in your care. All the above expenses are tax-deductible.