Information to Parents
Please contact Hatchling House Family Day Care to make a time to enroll your children with the service. The enrollment can take place at your home, the educator’s home or Hatchling House HQ whichever is most convenient. This process needs to occur before care can commence with your new educator.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your care arrangements please contact HQ on 5432 3885 or 0402 102 754 to discuss this matter further.
Please bring the following documents with you, for each child, to ensure all details are correct:
- Birth Certificate, to be sighted only
- Immunisations, a copy for your child’s file is required
- Medicare Number
- Doctor and Dentists Name, address and phone number
- The name and contact details of someone who can be contacted in an emergency, other than yourself and could collect your child if required
- CRN (Customer Reference Number) for the child
- CRN & date of birth for the parent claiming CCB
- Current letter from FAO stating your CCB% and eligible hours
- JET Fee Assistance Letter, if applicable
- Details of CCR payment
- Any information regarding medical conditions for the child, e.g. Copies of Asthma Action Plan, Anaphylaxis Action Plan or any Allergies
- Copies of Court Orders if applicable
Welcome to my Family Day Care Service.
This is a quality child care service, provided in the homes of approved educators. It is a unique and quality child care service, which relies on educators, coordinators and parents to work in partnership to ensure the best possible outcomes for the children.
The care environment in Family Day Care offers children stimulating every day learning experiences and activities, with a daily routine that is flexible to cater for the needs of the individual child.
The service offers all families the ability to claim Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) payments as the service is an approved provider overseen by the Office of Early Childhood, Education & Care.
The Service is supported by the Policies & Procedures, the Education and Care Services National Law, the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
Approved learning frameworks have been developed to guide educators in developing quality programs that support children’s learning. Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia and My Time, Our Place: Framework for school Age Care in Australia outline practices to support and promote children’s learning.
I would like to extend an ‘open door policy’ for all families and educators to please feel free to contact me at any time with any comments or concerns regarding the conduct of the service, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Parent feedback, through email, post and phone, will periodically be undertaken to ensure the Service is meeting the needs of the families and children.
I look forward to getting to know all the children, their families, educators and their families over the coming time you are registered with Hatchling House Family Day Care.
I hope that together we can all be part of a partnership that ‘allows young children to emerge’ as competent and confident individuals.
With kind regardsMary Wiedman